- Define methodology on applying the Digital for Green vision in Vertical domains (in cooperation with all vertical groups), such as:
- Define ‘grand’ use-case scenarios (i.e. high level topic areas), such as: Mass EV deployment, Ubiquitous (micro) renewable energy generation, Major (industrial?) carbon emission reduction, Major waste reduction, Food (farm-to-fork, supply chain, wastage, spoilage), Sustainable Buildings, Transportation, etc
- Create a vision and timeline for success: (with targets per area) (can use EU green deals as basis – but vision should be succinct and readily understandable)
- What is required to achieve this vision and how do we measure success?
- Define key related technology themes: such as networked connectivity, smart-grid load balancing, monitoring, sensing. Develop a roadmap for how these technologies can address the grand use cases and overarching vision
- Identify unique innovations required along the way; e.g. in batteries, EV, Solar PV, etc.
- Reduce energy footprint in IoT and edge infrastructures; Define approaches and solutions to reduce the energy and carbon footprint of IoT and edge computing infrastructures used in vertical domains
- IoT and edge computing in supporting clean and affordable energy: Define approaches and solutions on using IoT and edge computing to support clean and affordable secure energy (cooperation with WG Energy)
- IoT and edge computing in reducing energy and carbon footprint in buildings: Define approaches and solutions on using IoT and edge computing to support energy and resource efficient buildings (Cooperation with WG Buildings)
- IoT and Edge computing in supporting fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system: Define approaches and solutions on using IoT and edge computing to support fair, healthy and environmentally friendly food system (Cooperation with WG Agriculture and Health)
- IoT and Edge computing in supporting sustainable and smart mobility: Define approaches and solutions on using IoT and edge computing for the support of sustainable and smart mobility (Cooperation with WG Mobility)
- Explore standard front-end technologies to maximize the user experience in the application of the Digital for Green vision in Vertical domains