The proposed Digital Services Act published by the European Commission on 15 December is a unique opportunity to upgrade our European rules and make them fit for today’s market reality.
LightingEurope hosts an online panel discussion, one of the first opportunities for a public exchange of views on the proposed text and whether it closes the gaps in today’s legislation.
Date: 18 February 2021
Time: 10:30 – 12:00 CET
- Mr. Alex Agius Saliba, Member of the European Parliament
- Mr. Werner Stengg, Member of Cabinet – Executive Vice President Margrethe Vestager at the European Commission
- Ms. Catherine Van Reeth, Director General of Toys Industries of Europe
- Ms. Maryant Fernandez Pérez, Senior Digital Policy Officer, BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation
- Mr. Kees Van Meerten, Director, Signify
Moderated by: Ourania Georgoutsakou, Secretary General of LightingEurope
Join us to discuss how to ensure that only safe and quality products reach the EU market:
Does the proposed Digital Services Act close the legal gaps for product compliance online? To which extent would these measures prevent the listing and re-listing of illegal goods online? Does it ensure there is always an economic actor within the EU jurisdiction who takes on all the product compliance obligations? We will address all these points with our panelists.