|Vision||Smart farming based on easy-to-use IoT solutions will be widely used by farmers and their partners in the agri-food value chain|
Food chain (farm to fork)
Environmental and biodiversity protection
Policies and standards
Contribute to shaping the innovation and regulatory policies at EU level in the areas of interest to our working group. In particular, the following areas are concerned.
• Provide feedback to the European data strategy
• Contribute to create the vision for agrifood data ecosystems, comprising data spaces and data marketplaces leveraging on data sharing.
• Provide feedback on the EU farm to fork strategy
• Provide input and feedback on issues like provenance of food, environmental footprint associated with food production (e.g. greenhouse emissions, use of pesticides and fertilisers, use of irrigation…), or data related to animal welfare and health.
• Provide input on data sharing as a key element to strengthen the supply chain
• Monitoring of the CAP: working on digital tools (both SW and cyber-physical systems) for a simplified and effective implementation of the CAP, notably monitoring of agricultural areas using an integration of remote and proximal sensing, as well as other data sources
Identify key technological developments and gaps in the scope of group
EU Research and Innovation
Generate opportunities for collaborative research and innovation for our members
Luis Perez Freire