Horizon Europe Information and Virtual Brokerage Session
Following the “Digital Autonomy in the Computing Continuum” Workshop in November 2021 (more information here), the European Commission invites stakeholders from industry, academia, and innovators to participate in an Information and Virtual Brokerage Session on the Horizon Europe 2022 Call on “WORLD LEADING DATA AND COMPUTING TECHNOLOGIES” and “Digital and emerging technologies for competitiveness and fit for the green deal” on 2 February 2022, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm CET.
The open and free half-day virtual event will introduce the three Horizon Europe calls “Cognitive Cloud: AI-enabled computing continuum from Cloud to Edge (RIA)”, “Open source for cloud-based services (RIA)“, and “Programming tools for decentralised intelligence and swarms (RIA)”. The event is organised by the European Commission in collaboration with H-CLOUD (Grant Agreement no 871920), HUB4CLOUD (Grant Agreement no 101016673), and EU-IoT (Grant Agreement no 956671).
The event offers a unique international networking experience to forge the winning partnerships with academics, researchers, industrial stakeholders, and SMEs. Event participants will have the unique opportunity to pitch new concepts and applications, proposal ideas, and expertise in front of leading research organisations and cutting-edge innovators from across industry.
- Pitch registration will start on 11 January 2022. The registration deadline is on 31 January 2022 12:00 CET latest. The event organisers will validate and confirm your pitch slot by 1 February 2022 12:00 CET.
More information and registration here.
Project partners for Master Programme on IoT Engineering (DIGITAL-2021-SKILLS-01-SPECIALISED call
The EC published a call
to provide mechanisms to improve the digital skills of European stakeholders, targeting also the key area of IoT
. Within this call, the University of Catalunya is looking for universities and SMEs that might be interested in contributing to the development and execution of a Master programme on IoT Engineering
. As a research-driven university, they have been providing cutting-edge education on key aspects of IoT, including electronics, telecommunication, and informatics. Here
is the relevant pitch at the Info Day of this call.
Launch of the 5G for Smart Communities Call under the CEF Digital Programme / EC Info Day on 19 January
ICT-52 Virtual Workshop on 6G, 3-4 February
The workshop is organised by the European 6G Flagship project Hexa-X together with other ICT-52 6G projects.
The initial agenda is below and please register at Hexa-X – ICT-52 Workshop on 6G
Feb 3rd 9-12 CET
· Opening by EC, 15 min
· Welcome and 6G vision from organizing project Hexa-X, project lead Mikko Uusitalo, 10 min
· Hexa-X: Introduction of the European 5G/6G IA whitepaper on 6G, 20 min
· 6G use cases and societal values – including aspects of sustainability, security and spectrum
- Hexa-X: 6G use cases and societal values – including aspects of sustainability, security and spectrum
- REINDEER: Emerging interactive use cases: technical requirements and quantification
- TeraFlow: TeraFlow use cases for a novel cloud-native SDN controller for beyond 5G networks
Feb 3rd 14-17 CET
· Radio and sensing for 6G
- Hexa-X: Initial radio models and analysis towards ultra-high data rate links in 6G, 20 min
- Hexa-X: Localisation and sensing use cases and gap analysis, 20 min
- RISE-6G: Reconfigurable, intelligent, and sustainable wireless environments for 6G smart connectivity, 20 min
- Asian view on RIS, 20 min
- 6G BRAINS: Channel measurements and high accuracy positioning approaches, Xun Zhang, Diego Dupleich, Benjamin Meunier, 20 min
- REINDEER: In search of drastic energy reductions: the potential with RadioWeaves technology, 20 min
- DAEMON: Energy-aware Orchestration of Virtualized RANs: Experiments and Algorithms, 20 min
- DAEMON: Reliable RAN Virtualization in Shared Platforms, 20 min
Feb 4th 9-12 CET
- Architecture, network evolution and expansion towards 6G
- Hexa-X: Initial B5G/6G architectural components and enablers, 20 min
- Hexa-X: Gap analysis and technical work plan for special-purpose functionality, 20 min
- B5G-OPEN: Building an open power-efficient packet-optical white box, 20 min
- MARSAL: MAchine learning-based, networking and computing infrastructure ReSource mAnagement of 5G and Beyond inteLligent networks: the MARSAL Vision
- Asian perspective on 6G Architecture, 20 min
- HW for 6G
o COREnect: Trustworthy and Energy efficient computing in 6G, 20 min
o COREnect: RF enabling technologies for THz communications and sensing, 20 min
o COREnect: Sensor Processing in 6G, 20 min
Feb 4th 14-17 CET
· Connecting intelligence towards 6G
o Hexa-X: AI-driven communication & computation co-design, 20 min
o Hexa-X: Gaps, features and enablers for B5G/6G service management and orchestration, 20 min
o DEDICAT 6G: Data marketplace for access control, asset sharing and privacy-preserving AI/ML, 20 min
o AI@EDGE: Bringing AI to the Edge, 20 min
o Dan Warren, Samsung: AI&6G, 20 min
o North American view on AI&6G, 20 min
o DAEMON: Learning to Predict for Automated Network Management, 20 min
Webinar: Gaia-X: vision, implementation and the importance of HPC, 18 February, 11-12h CET
Pierre Gronlier, CTO of Gaia-X, and Carlo Cavazzoni, member of the ETP4HPC steering board and Leonardo representative in GAIA-X, will present how the project is organised and how its vision will be implemented. A particular focus will be on the role of HPC in the project: how can HPC providers, computing centres, users and academic research teams contribute to and benefit from the project ?
Sai Narasimhamurthy and Jean-Philippe Nominé, both members of the ETP4HPC Steering Board, will share their insight on Gaia-X from an HPC point of view and guide through the open discussion with the webinar participants.
- Pierre Gronlier, Gaia-X
- Carlo Cavazzoni, Leonardo
- Sai Narasimhamurthy, Seagate
- Jean-Philippe Nominé, CEA
Please register here.
SNS BROKERAGE PLATFORM 2022
The public SNS BROKERAGE PLATFORM 2022 has been launched and is available at https://sns-brokerage.eu
The SNS BROKERAGE tool resource can be used in 4 ways:
1. For offers of Expertise: (participants looking for projects) To post your profile and indicate your interests so prospective partners can find you.
2. For Idea owners or proposal leaders: (projects looking for participants) To post your project ideas so prospective partners can ask to join with you.
3. To browse Submitted Expertise Offerings To browse or search uploaded profiles to find the competence you need in your proposal(s)
4. To browse Submitted Proposal Ideas: To browse or search project ideas to see if there are any you would like to offer your participation to.
(N.B. please note that the video-recording of the event will be available on the same webpage in the coming days).